Low carb or not, this recipe is so yummy and easy!
Recipe adapted from: http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers-low-carb-gluten-free/
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 oz (170g) mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz (220g) thinly sliced roast beef (from the deli), chopped
- 8 slices provolone cheese (from the deli)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Slice the green peppers in half and remove the seeds and ribs. Set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, add the butter, olive oil, garlic, onion and mushrooms. Sauté until caramelized.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (400F).
- Add the chopped roast beef strips to the pan and cook for 5-10mins until fragrant. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Assemble your green peppers: line each pepper half with a slice of cheese, fill with the meat/onion/mushroom mixture, add another layer of cheese overtop.
- Bake for 15-20mins until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- If you want a softer pepper, you can bake the pepper first for 10mins before adding in the ingredients.
- Can also top with parmesan cheese.