It tastes just like real mashed potatoes with much fewer carbs. I actually think this is easier to make than regular mashed potatoes since you don’t have to boil any potatoes! This is essentially a regular mashed potatoes recipe but with cauliflower instead of potato.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 oz dubliner cheese (or other sharp cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and trim the cauliflower. Cut into smaller florets.
- Place cauliflower pieces into a microwave-safe bowl with the heavy cream and butter. Microwave uncovered for 6mins on high. Mix. Then microwave for another 6mins.
- Put everything in a blender/food processor and blend together with cheese. Season with salt and pepper. (Adjust cream and butter to your preference).
- Treat it just like regular mashed potatoes. You can mix it up by adding whatever flavours you want. Roasted garlic would be food to add.