- Half a kent pumpkin (also called a Jap pumpkin)
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180˚C (350F)
- Cut pumpkin in half or quarters and drizzle a small amount of olive oil to lightly cover the pumpkin. Bake in oven for 12-15mins on each side.
- Skin of pumpkin should now be soft enough to remove with a spoon. Remove all of the skin and then cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces (as small as you want to eat them).
- Toss the rest of the ingredients (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt) with the pumpkin pieces and then transfer back onto the baking sheet. Bake for another 8 mins, then turn pieces over and bake for another 8 mins.
- Pumpkin is ready when it’s soft enough to eat and has a roasted appearance.
- Might be good with curry seasoning or poultry seasoning!
- Another recipe used sea salt and cinnamon.
- Could roast the pumpkin pieces with potatoes and onions too +/- rosemary.