My own recipe from my own head! Yay! I’m awesome!
- Frozen peas (half a bag)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion diced or sliced
- Bacon strips (6 strips or 3 large aussie slices), diced
- 300 mL Chicken stock
- 1 Chicken or beef bouillon cube
- Salt & Pepper
- Defrost the peas (put in a large bowl and pour hot water over them to defrost, then strain).
- Sauté garlic, onion and bacon together until cooked.
- Take out half of the cooked garlic, onion and bacon and set aside.
- Add the defrosted peas to the pan with chicken stock and bouillon cube. Mix together and let simmer for 5 mins (to let some of the liquid evaporate so it’s not too watery). Remove from heat.
- Transfer everything from the pan into a blender and PULSE it (if you let it blend too much it’ll be too runny).
- Put blended things back onto the pan and add in the bacon/garlic/onion that you set aside earlier.
- Mix until the peas are the right consistency (if too runny, keep on stove longer and let liquid evaporate). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Done! You’re amazing Abby!
Could be good with sautéed mushrooms too.