Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/68461/buffalo-chicken-dip/
Makes: lots. Enough for a party.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 2 packages (250g/pack) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 + 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the chicken breasts and shred them (you can boil them in water or bake them in the oven: put in baking tray, add 1 inch of water to the pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 20mins on 175˚C/350˚C).
- Put the shredded chicken and Frank’s red hot sauce in a small pot on low-medium heat until heated through and mixed well.
- Stir in cream cheese, ranch dressing, and half of the cheddar to the pot until well blended and hot & bubbly.
- When everything is completely mixed and warmed, turn off the heat, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the rest of the cheddar over the top. Enjoy!
- You can serve with celery sticks, crackers, carrot sticks, cucumber slices…etc. The possibilities are endless!
- I initially used 2 chicken breasts and found that there was too much cream cheese to chicken ratio. However if you prefer the sauce to be creamier and cheesy, then only use two chicken breasts.
- This makes a lot of dip. Halve the recipe if you don’t intend on making that much dip.
- Original recipe finishes the sauce in the slow cooker, which I’ve removed from this recipe since I don’t own one. I imagine the sauce might have a richer flavour if you do have one.
- Hi Pierre!