Recipe adapted from: https://www.sugarandsoul.co/downton-abbey-earl-grey-cookies
This recipe is adapted for the cookie gun. Look at the original recipe if you’re going to use a cookie cutter instead.
Makes: ~30-40 cookies
- 1 cup (~225g) butter
- 1 or 2 earl grey tea bags (If your tea leaves are large, pulse them into a blender until finely ground. Use 2 bags for a stronger flavour.)
- 1.5 cups icing sugar/confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.25 cups of flour
- Melt the butter completely in a small pot and add in the tea leaves (cut open from the tea bags) and simmer on low heat for ~5mins. Turn off heat and let the tea steep in the melted butter (at room temp) for at least 6 hours (overnight is better – the longer you steep it, the stronger the tea flavour.) The butter should harden back up the next day (or be slightly soft).
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Mix well.
- Put the steeped tea butter in a mixing bowl and beat in the vanilla, egg and salt.
- Gradually add in the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 175˚C (350˚F). Then you’re ready to press your cookies!
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are golden brown (8-10mins).