- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 450g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsps Sichuan peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 dried red chilies, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 100g ground pork (or chicken)
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dark soy sauce (optional, for colour)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a skillet on MED-HIGH heat and shallow fry the beans in two batches until they appear wrinkly and slightly brown. Take the beans out of the pan and set aside.
- Remove all the oil from the pan except for 1 Tbsp. On medium heat, add in the sichuan peppercorns, ginger, garlic and dried chilies and stir-fry until fragrant (~1 minute).
- Add in the ground pork and stir-fry until slightly browned, use your spatula to break it up into smaller pieces.
- Add in the shaoxing wine, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, and the fried green beans. Toss everything together and continue to cook until excess liquid has evaporated (you can turn your heat up to med-high to help with evaporating). Serve!