adapted from: https://damndelicious.net/2019/04/06/roasted-leg-of-lamb/
Cook time: 2hr 5 minutes
- 2.2-2.5 kg leg of lamb or other type of roast lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil/ baking mat.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in the prepared roasting pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over the lamb, rubbing in thoroughly into the scored cuts.
- Place into oven and roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 60 degrees C for medium, about 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately