This delicious dipping sauce was taken from Sarah Tiong’s cookbook (our favourite contestant from Masterchef 2020). This sauce is a staple in many Chinese restaurants and commonly served with Hainanese chicken rice. You can pair it with any protein with a subtle flavour (ie poached chicken, fish…etc.) or even served over steamed rice with a fried egg. It’s super easy and really addicting.
Servings: ~1 cup
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 cup (240ml) neutral oil (canola, vegetable…etc.)
- In a bowl, mix together ginger, garlic, spring onion, salt, chicken stock powder. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil on med-high heat until it just starts to smoke. Turn off the heat and immediately add the rest of the ingredients set aside in step 1 to the skillet and stir thoroughly. Let the ingredients steep in the oil until cooled. Ready to use!