Recipe adapted from: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/238922/chef-johns-chia-chocolate-pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsps cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsps maple syrup (or honey) – or to taste
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee (optional)
- Mix everything in a bowl and let sit at room temp for half an hour, mixing a couple times then cover with a lid and let sit in the fridge for minimum of 4 hours or overnight. Serve when the liquid has been absorbed.
- You can add in more milk if you prefer a more liquid-y consistency.
- If you don’t like the slightly gritty texture of chia seeds, you can also blend it up. Will form a whipped consistency.