This salad packs a punch with lots of flavour!
Servings: 4-6 (one large bowl)
- 2 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups broccoli, chopped (roughly 3 middle-sized broccoli heads or 2 large ones)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup bacon, chopped
- Dressing: put all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and close the lid tight. Shake well until all the ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli: place the broccoli in a pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes then drain and run under cold water. Use a salad spinner to get rid of excess water on the broccoli. Set aside.
- Sautée the bacon until light brown/crispy. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients of the salad together and then pour the dressing over. Mix well and serve!
- You can skip the second step and use raw broccoli instead of blanching it if you prefer crunchier broccoli. Blanching allows the broccoli to be a brighter green for a more appealing visual look as well as making it slightly more tender-crisp.