I cooked this dish for both Abby and I whilst I stayed with her in Bairnsdale. – Toby
Servings: 3-4 people
Recipe adapted from: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15-minute-japanese-chicken-noodle-stir-fry/dpovw9a5
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3cm-piece ginger, peeled
- 3 brown onions
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 500g chicken mince
- 440g pkt wok-ready udon noodles
- 60ml (1/4 cup) light soy sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) mirin
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 small green cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrot, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- White sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Sesame oil, to drizzle
- finely chop the garlic, ginger and onion
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, tomato sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the peanut oil andswirl to coat
- Stir-fry the garlic, ginger and onion
- add the chicken mince and cook, breaking up any lumps and tossing occasionally, for 7 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cook
- Add the cabbage and carrot to the wok. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until the cabbage is slightly wilted.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok along with the soy sauce mixture. Use tongs to toss until combined.
- Sprinkle with white and black sesame seeds
- Don’t overcook the udon noodles