This is so easy to make and you can add whatever you like in it. A quick, healthy and low-calorie meal.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24239/vietnamese-fresh-spring-rolls/
Ingredients: I haven’t put in the proportions because you can make as little or as many rolls as you want.
- Rice vermicelli
- Rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
- Shrimp – cooked, peeled, deveined and cut in half
- Cucumber, julienned
- Carrots, julienned
- Thai basil, chopped
- Mint leaves, chopped
- Romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- Finely chopped peanuts
- Sweet chili sauce
- Peanut sauce: 1 part crunchy peanut butter to 2 parts hoisin sauce
- Prepare the peanut sauce: mix 1 part crunchy peanut butter to 2 parts hoisin sauce. Add a few splashes of water if sauce is too thick. Set aside.
- Boil a kettle of water and soak the rice vermicelli in it until ready (~3-5mins) or prepare it according to package instructions.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water and wet a rice paper (don’t need to soak it, just wet it – it will soften as you make your roll). Lay it flat and assemble the roll with any (or all) of the ingredients you have prepared.
- Serve with the prepared peanut sauce and some sweet chili sauce if you’ve got it on hand.
- I once had it in a restaurant served with raspberry coulis. It was amazing! You can try it with a combination of sauces.