- 2L boiling hot water
- 4 black tea bags (or whatever tea you prefer, but traditional bubble tea is made with black tea)
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1 cup Tapioca pearls
- 500mL full cream milk (or to taste)
- Steep the 4 black tea bags in the boiling hot water. Add in the sugar and mix until dissolved. Set aside to steep for a few hours (the longer the tea steeps, the more flavourful your tea will be).
- Prepare the tapioca pearls.
- If making them from scratch, you can follow this recipe: Homemade Boba/Tapioca Pearls/”Bubbles” – it’s super easy!
- If making them from dehydrated store-bought boba, make according to package instructions (or if there are no instructions, put the tapioca pearls in a pot of boiling water on high heat and let boil until the bubbles are soft and ready (may take a couple of hours depending on the kind you buy).
- When the bubbles are done, strain the water and rinse under cold water. Put them in a bowl with sugar water (1/3 cup sugar to 1 cup water) to preserve.
- When the tea has steeped, add in the milk to taste. You can add more or less milk depending on how creamy you like your bubble tea.
- Serve with the bubbles.