I LOVE popcorn. My world forever changed when I discovered that I could easily make my own fresh popcorn over the stove and season it however I like. The possibilities are endless! It only takes about 5 minutes! The only tool you need is a big pot with a lid. There are a million recipes out there that claim they have the best method for making stovetop popcorn, but I found this one to be the most useful with nearly all the kernels popped! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. 🙂
Recipe adapted: http://onelittleproject.com/how-to-make-stove-top-popcorn/
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (or butter if you’re feeling like a fatty)
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- (and a large pot)
- Pour the oil into the pot and turn the heat on high.
- Add the popcorn. Cover with a lid and shake it around the coat all the kernels in oil.
- Once the kernels start popping, shake the pot from side to side so the popcorn doesn’t burn. Continue gently shaking until the popping stops (may take about 3-4mins).
- Season however you like!
The options of seasonings are endless! For any saucey toppings, if it’s too wet you can put your popcorn in the oven for a few minutes to dry it out. It will maintain its crispiness. If you’re feeling lazy, you can just use whatever spices you have in your pantry and get creative. Or you can buy popcorn seasoning from the grocery stores too. Here are a few ideas:
- Salt & pepper
- Slightly salted & Slightly sweet (salt & sugar)
- Clubhouse roasted garlic and peppers seasoning
- Sriracha butter (melt and drizzle: 1 Tbsp sriracha + 1 Tbsp butter + 1 Tbsp olive oil)
- Parmesan cheese + garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese + rosemary
- Ranch powder
- Pumpkin spice
- Cinnamon brown sugar
- White truffle oil + parmesan
- Caramel marshmallow
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate drizzle (lay flat on a tray and drizzle chocolate. Wait until cooled)
- Chocolate + sea salt
- Kettle corn
- Peanut butter
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream & onion seasoning
- … there are a million ideas on Pinterest!