Recipe adapted from: https://www.hersheys.com/kitchens/en_us/recipes/reeses-chewy-chocolate-cookies-with-peanut-butter-chips.html
My housemate Shelby made these on a whim over the weekend because Reese’s peanut butter chips (like chocolate chips but peanut butter) were on sale and this recipe was on the back of the package. These are the most addicting cookies I’ve had in a while. I just had to add them to my recipe box.
Servings: 20 cookies
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not over bake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.)
- Let cool slightly before removing them onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Website suggests to make these into ice cream sandwiches by putting a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies.