This is a low carb variation of hummus that tastes just as good as the real thing! The regular can of chick peas is substituted with raw zucchini. To make a regular hummus, just switch back in the chick peas.
Servings: 4? Makes a lot of hummus.
- 4 cups zucchini, peeled & chopped
- 3/4 cups tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend until thick and smooth. Taste ad adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Can garnish with paprika and a drizzle of olive oil
- To make this “full carb”, just take out the zucchinis and add in a can of drained chickpeas.
- You can modify this recipe easily as you would a regular hummus recipe.
- Try roasted garlic instead or roasted red peppers and parmesan.
- Try adding in a can of drained pickled beet root slices, blended and mixed in.