Easy and low calorie!
Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24264/sloppy-joes-ii/
- 1 pound (500g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a pan over medium heat. Drain off liquids.
- Add in the onion and green pepper. Cook until soft.
- Mix in garlic powder, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. Reduce heat and simmer for ~20-30 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over hamburger buns.
- Can omit the sugar if aiming for lower calories.