This is just a basic way to cook rice. For every 1 cup of rice, you need 1.5 cups of water. 1 cup of rice is roughly 2 servings. Adjust the ratios as you need for more or less rice.
- Rice (1 cup rice: 1.5 cups water)
- Wash your rice. Rinse until it runs clear.
- Put your designated amount of water in a pot and put on high heat until it boils.
- Once it boils, turn your heat down to low and add in your rice. Cover the pot with a lid. Stir your rice after a few minutes to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Try not to open the lid too often, otherwise it will take longer to cook.
- Rice will be ready once all the water is gone and the rice if fluffy (~10-15mins or more, depending on the amount of rice you’re cooking). Fluff your rice with a fork. Done.