A classic Chinese dessert always served at restaurants. So easy to make and also low calorie and very filling as a snack or for breakfast.
Servings: 1 cup of beans = 4 portions
For every 1 cup of beans, you need to boil 4 cups of water.
- Mung bean (aka green bean when directly translated)
- Honey or rock sugar to taste
- Soak the beans for a few hours (or overnight). Strain the beans.
- Boil your designated amount of water (4 cups of water to 1 cup of beans).
- Add the beans once your water boils and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for half an hour. The soup is ready when all the beans open up. You can cook longer if you want a thicker consistency.
- Add honey or rock sugar to taste.
- Once cooled, add milk (can add ice cubes if you want it really cold).
- You can also have this as a hot soup instead of cold. Either omit the milk and drink it from step 4, or add the milk and reheat it.