I discovered this recipe accidentally when a friend I were looking for a recipe for chicken MASALA, the Indian dish, not chicken MARSALA, the Italian dish. The best accident yet! This dish is delicious over pasta shells, but you should eat this soon after making it or else the oil separates out from the sauce.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 chicken breasts – cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup cooking Sherry
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano. Coat the chicken pieces in this mixture.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the chicken pieces until lightly brown (not cooked!).
- Add mushrooms, Marsala wine and Sherry. Cover and simmer for 10mins until chicken is cooked.
- Cook pasta shells during this time.
- Pour chicken over pasta shells and serve. Eat soon or else the oil will separate out, making this dish greasy.