This recipe never fails and is always a hearty meal.
Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/78299/boilermaker-tailgate-chili/
Servings: 6 (makes a pretty big pot)
- 2 pounds (1kg) ground beef
- 1 pound (500g) sausage or Kielbasa, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup beer (optional)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef and sausage and drain off excess grease. (If you’re using Kielbasa which is already cooked, add in after the ground beef is cooked).
- Pour in diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir so the beef doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except the sour cream (onion, celery, green pepper, bouillon and beer, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika). Stir to blend and simmer on low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally (longer it simmers, the better the flavour).
- After 2hrs, taste and adjust salt and pepper and chili if needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Can add more sour cream if desired.